Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Kick it up by adding your favorite spice, like cajun or garlic seasonings, to the cornflake and cheese mixture before coating chicken!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 chicken fillets, breasts, cut into strips
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Set up three bowls with the following:.
- 1) flour mixed with a pinch of salt and pepper;.
- 2) an egg-wash, made by beating the eggs and milk together;.
- 3) cornflakes mixed with cheese.
- Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dip chicken pieces in flour, then into the egg-wash, then roll in the cheesy-flakes mixture, coating the entire piece of chicken and place on the baking pan.
- Discard any unused corn flake mixture after coating chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway through to ensure even browning.
- Serve with ketchup or bbq sauce if desired.
This was so wonderful!! I loved the cheese with the corn flakes. I added lots of tony chachere to the corn flakes mix. It turned out crispy and so yummy!
Quite tasty; I think I'll add more of my own spices next time to give it more flavor, but they turned out great I thought!