Recipe by The Giggle Box
This recipe was posted in The Winston-Salem Journal. It comes form Chef John Ashton of Orlando, courtesy of the Southeast United Dairy Industry Assoc.
Top Review by Mandi T
These were great, the cheddar was a nice touch!.. made them for lunch for my 3 and 4 year old today... I used one chicken breast and made 1/4 of the normal breading ingredients (just used a splash of salt and pepper in the flower and it was nice). Served them with some improvised honey mustard, fruits and veggies and pretzels. I feel much better about these than the processed stuff in a bag that you buy at the grocery store. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 small boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Set up three bowls- one with the flour, pepper and salt, the second with the egg whites and milk, and fill the third bowl with the cornflakes and cheese.
- Dip chicken in flour bowl, then egg white bowl, then cornflake bowl.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet covered with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake chicken for 25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Serve with Ketchup, BBQ sauce, or Honey Mustard.