Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- Spray crock pot with non stick spray.
- Pour stuffing into pot and lay chicken on top in a single layer.
- Put 1 slice of cheese on each chicken breast.
- Pour soup on top.
- Drizzle ½ cup warm water around the edges.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or in oven at 350 for 1 hour.
So good! I used three chicken breasts and added another 1/2 cup of water about half way through. I cooked it for 6 hours and it was wonderful.
I thought it wasn't that good. The chicken was really dry after only 6 hours. The cheese on top was also dry and made a thick crusty edge around the whole thing. The dressing was just a super thin layer on the bottom. Sorry Chaya Madre, but I won't be making this one again.
I subbed cream of chicken because I hate mushrooms. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. It tasted like I spent all day slaving over this dinner. I will make this again and again.