Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
I have never made these, but heard they are quite good. 8)
Top Review by Kate in Ontario
These rollups rock. They are however not for the timid. Our family likes hot so we really enjoyed them. I used about 1 cup of shredded Tex-Mex cheese blend. I think adding sauteed sweet peppers would be a good addition, to give some added texture. Also you cold increase the amount of chicken to make it go further. I will certainly be making this easy tasty dish again. Many thanks.
- 1 onion, cut in half & sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- flour tortilla (depends on how stuffed you lie them)
- cheddar cheese, shredded (enough to cover tortillas)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In large pan, cook onion in oil until tender crisp.
- Drain the tomatoes and chilies, reserving the liquid.
- Add liquid and oregano to pan.
- Cook at high heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in chicken and chilies; remove from heat.
- Spoon mixture onto each tortilla and roll up.
- Place in 9x13-inch pan.
- Chop tomatoes then stir in vinegar.
- Pour over roll ups.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat in oven until cheese has melted.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.