Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have never made these, but heard they are quite good. 8)
- 1 onion, cut in half & sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- flour tortilla (depends on how stuffed you lie them)
- cheddar cheese, shredded (enough to cover tortillas)
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In large pan, cook onion in oil until tender crisp.
- Drain the tomatoes and chilies, reserving the liquid.
- Add liquid and oregano to pan.
- Cook at high heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in chicken and chilies; remove from heat.
- Spoon mixture onto each tortilla and roll up.
- Place in 9x13-inch pan.
- Chop tomatoes then stir in vinegar.
- Pour over roll ups.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat in oven until cheese has melted.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.
These rollups rock. They are however not for the timid. Our family likes hot so we really enjoyed them. I used about 1 cup of shredded Tex-Mex cheese blend. I think adding sauteed sweet peppers would be a good addition, to give some added texture. Also you cold increase the amount of chicken to make it go further. I will certainly be making this easy tasty dish again. Many thanks.