Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen broccoli stems, thawed
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 10 -12 slices cooked chicken (or turkey)
- Cut broccoli spears into bite size pieces and place in bottom of greased crock-pot.
- In sauce pan, blend milk, cream cheese, salt, garlic salt, and parmesan cheese over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Pour one cup over broccoli.
- Top with sliced chicken (turkey).
- Pour remaining sauce over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours .
- Serve over rice if desired.
I made this as posted, with the exception I halved the recipe. I still have plenty for 2 more servings. We thought it was pretty bland and did not care for it, but I feel this recipe has potential and I am going to play around with it and see if I can come up with something to make it have some pizass. I certainly hope I can. If I do I will come back and repost my review so others might know what to use. I will be trying it again but will be doctoring it some. Thank you for posting
Great Recipe. I wouldn't change a thing. We served it over rice, next time we will try it over noodles. Everyone (6 of us) really liked it. Thanks for such an easy recipe.