Chef #1237229's Note:
A Traditional Mexican Wrap Filled With Rice, Cheese, Chicken And Spices. Nice With A Salad For Dinner Or Alone As A Party Snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Half fill a pan of water and bring to the boil.
- 2Sprinkle the water with salt and add the rice. Cook for 8 minutes.
- 3Chop onion and grate the cheese.
- 4Heat oil in a large pan then add the chopped onion, chilli powder and cumin for 2-3 minutes.
- 5Drain the rice then add to the large pan along with the tomatoes. Cook until the juice has absorbed.
- 6Set pan aside.
- 7Put chicken breasts into another large pan and pour in enough water to cover and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 8Place the chicken on a plate and using forks, shred the chicken.
- 9Now add then chicken to the rice filling, along with the grated cheese.
- 10Stir in the soured cream to the filling.
- 11Wrap the tortillas in cling film and heat in a microwave for 1 minute.
- 12Spoon one eighth of the filling into the centre of the tortilla and fold both sides. Fold from the bottom up and the top down to form a parcel.
- 13Complete for the rest of the tortillas and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken Burrito
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 880.7
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 152.2 mg
- Sodium 962.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 51.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper