Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A Traditional Mexican Wrap Filled With Rice, Cheese, Chicken And Spices. Nice With A Salad For Dinner Or Alone As A Party Snack.
- 90 g long grain rice
- 15 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 200 g canned tomatoes
- 400 g chicken breasts
- 150 g cheddar cheese
- 60 ml sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 ml chili powder
- 5 ml cumin
- 326 g flour tortillas
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Half fill a pan of water and bring to the boil.
- Sprinkle the water with salt and add the rice. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Chop onion and grate the cheese.
- Heat oil in a large pan then add the chopped onion, chilli powder and cumin for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the rice then add to the large pan along with the tomatoes. Cook until the juice has absorbed.
- Set pan aside.
- Put chicken breasts into another large pan and pour in enough water to cover and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Place the chicken on a plate and using forks, shred the chicken.
- Now add then chicken to the rice filling, along with the grated cheese.
- Stir in the soured cream to the filling.
- Wrap the tortillas in cling film and heat in a microwave for 1 minute.
- Spoon one eighth of the filling into the centre of the tortilla and fold both sides. Fold from the bottom up and the top down to form a parcel.
- Complete for the rest of the tortillas and serve.