1/2 Photos of Cheesy Chicken Burger W/ Corn & Carrot Relish
Outstanding burger with an excellent Relish!!! Found this gem in “Muscle & Fitness” Magazine (Aug ‘05). Hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Cheesy Chicken Burgers
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lb ground chicken, fresh
- 2 tablespoons yogurt (Fat Free works well) or 2 tablespoons sour cream (Fat Free works well)
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (Low-fat works well)
- 1Spray a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat; add Onion and Garlic and sauté 3-5 minutes; add Bell Pepper and sauté 3-5 minutes more.
- 2Transfer vegetable mixture to a large bowl; add Chicken, Yogurt, Breadcrumbs, Thyme and Cheese and season with Salt and Pepper to taste; cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- 3Place all Relish ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until all the sugar has dissolved; cover and cook two minutes, then remove lid and cook one minute more or until relish has thickened. Relish makes about 10 servings.
- 4Spray barbeque grill with nonstick spray and preheat to medium high.
- 5Form meat mixture into six patties; place patties on grill and cook 8-10 minutes per side or until browned and cooked thorough.
- 6Serve burgers on buns with Corn & Carrot Relish on top and leafy lettuce under burger.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken Burger W/ Corn & Carrot Relish
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.7
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 199.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 21.4 g