Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Wonderful! You can leave the chicken out if you are a vegetarian 8)
Make and share this Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Stuffed Shells recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (10 ounce) bags frozen broccoli, thawed &, well drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook shells as directed--don't overcook because they will cook in oven again.
- Cool shells in a large bowl of COLD water; set aside for now.
- Sauté onion in 2 tablespoons of butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Combine broccoli, onion, mozzarella cheese, sour cream, egg and chicken; set aside.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in saucepan. Stir in flour, instant bouillon and pepper.
- Stir in milk and cream; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute until thickened. Remove shells from water, strain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Spread small amount of sauce on bottom of 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Stuff each shell with broccoli and chicken mixture; put shells in dish.
- Spoon remaining sauce over shells and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
this was soo goood! There are a few things that I would change. Use 1 10oz bag of broccoli, had way to much left. I would add 1 cup more chicken. I would also stuff my shells before making the sauce as it got cold and clumpy. I would also cover with foil ,not to dry out shells and cook it a little bit longer, until it bubbles. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. My mom does not like broccoli but said it was excellent.
This is an awesome recipe! I can't believe there is only one review written on it. I've been making it for a couple of years and it's a huge hit every time. The only thing I've changed is that I use jarred Alfredo sauce to cut down on the prep time.
This was delicious! Total comfort food. Took a while to make(maybe because I used fresh broccoli?) but was absolutely worth it. Thanks for a great recipe.