Wonderful! You can leave the chicken out if you are a vegetarian 8)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (10 ounce) bags frozen broccoli, thawed &, well drained
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Cook shells as directed--don't overcook because they will cook in oven again.
- 3Cool shells in a large bowl of COLD water; set aside for now.
- 4Sauté onion in 2 tablespoons of butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 5Combine broccoli, onion, mozzarella cheese, sour cream, egg and chicken; set aside.
- 6Melt 1/4 cup butter in saucepan. Stir in flour, instant bouillon and pepper.
- 7Stir in milk and cream; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 8Boil and stir 1 minute until thickened. Remove shells from water, strain and pat dry with paper towels.
- 9Spread small amount of sauce on bottom of 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
- 10Stuff each shell with broccoli and chicken mixture; put shells in dish.
- 11Spoon remaining sauce over shells and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 12Bake 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Stuffed Shells
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1157.2
- Calories from Fat 513
- Total Fat 57.0 g
- Saturated Fat 32.7 g
- Cholesterol 242.9 mg
- Sodium 755.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 53.4 g