Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a warm and satisfying soup for rainy and cold day.
- 5 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, chopped into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 lb broccoli
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- Melt butter over medium heat in a 5 quart Dutch Oven. Add onion and saute until tender. Add flour, stirring constantly
- for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add whipping cream and water, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 1 minute. Add all remaining ingredients and cook until broccoli is tender and cheese is melted.