Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's a great recipe from the inside of a Velveeta box!
Make and share this Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Macaroni recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 3⁄4 lb Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cut up
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- Cook and stir chicken in large skillet sprayed with no stick cooking spray 2 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in broth.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir in macaroni, reduce heat to medium low; cover with tight fitting lid.
- Simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Add cheese and broccoli; stir until cheese is melted.
My boys and I liked this but my husband didn't. I used a pound of chicken tenders cut up and added a good bit of pepper when they were cooking. I steamed my broccoli before adding it to the mixture and had used fresh broccoli that I had leftover from New Years Eve. I added 8 ounces of shredded velveeta. I thought it was a good, quick weeknight meal.
Very easy and cheesy recipe. I used fresh broccoli and threw it in with the chicken broth. Thanks for posting.
This is great stuff, and even the picky child eats it. I do steam the heck out of my broccoli first, just to ensure the kids can't complain/pick it out, and I like the more uniform texture also. Great one!