Recipe by Cookie16
This is a classic in my family. It freezes well. I frequently make this for new moms so they don't have to worry about cooking for a night. This is good served over rice or couscous. You can decrease the chicken or broccolli depending on your taste. You can use low fat cream of chicken soup.
Top Review by brynnelan
This is delicious! It's a healthier version of my grandma's recipe, and to make it even healthier, I replaced the cream soup with the same amount of greek yogurt. I also added 1/2 tsp of dry mustard and 1/2 tsp of garlic powder. It was very substantial and satisfying!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or less)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli florets (roughly)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the chicken - pan fry, poach or broil - whatever is easiest.
- Cut chicken into pieces same size as broccoli.
- Sprinkle with the pepper.
- Steam or boil the broccoli briefly.
- Run broccoli under cold water.
- Mix together the soup, mayo, lemon juice and curry.
- Layer in 9 x 13 pan in this order: broccoli, chicken, soup mix, 1 cup of the cheddar.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Do not bake if you wish to freeze it.