Recipe by JanelleC
A different way to combine cheese and chicken.
Top Review by Peter J
Yum Janelle, a really tasty recipe! I didn't have any kitchen string so instead sliced the breast in half and stuffed with shredded cheese instead of sliced. For better presentation I also topped the dish with a little shredded cheese before serving.
- 4 single boneless chicken breasts
- 2 slices reduced-fat cheddar cheese, thin
- 6 teaspoons plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter or 4 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat fillets between 2 sheets of waxed paper until 5mm thick.
- Cut each slice of cheese in half and place 1 half on top of each fillet.
- Starting with short end tightly roll up fillets.
- Tie with kitchen string.
- On waxed paper, mix flour and pepper.
- Add chicken and toss gently.
- In a non-stick fry pan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add chicken fillets and fry turning occasionaly until golden about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, wine and dried oregano.
- Increase heat and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened about 10-12 minutes.