Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
You wouldn't normally think chicken in the microwave would come out well, but these are really pretty tasty!
- 2 whole skinless chicken breasts, split
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup corn flakes, crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Cut a 3-inch lengthwise slit in thickest part of each breast.
- Cut cheese into 4 sticks about 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches each.
- Insert cheese into opening of each breast and secure opening with a toothpick.
- Place breast bone side down on rack in a 12x8-inch glass baking dish.
- Brush skinned side of breast with egg.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle evenly over chicken; cover with paper towel.
- Microwave on high for 10-12 minutes, or until done, rotating dish once.