Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
kids will love these
- plain flour, for dusting
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup extra tasty cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- salt and black pepper
- 16 chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- olive oil, for cooking
- barbecue sauce, to serve
- Place the flour and egg in separate bowls.
- Place the cheese, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in another bowl and toss to combine well.
- Working in batches, dip the chicken in the flour, then the egg. Transfer to the breadcrumb mixture and press to coat each tenderloin well. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Place enough oil in a non-stick frying pan to cover the base. Heat over medium heat. Cook the chicken in two batches for two minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel. Serve with a side of barbecue sauce.
We have just enjoyed this for dinner with steamed vegetable and mashed potatoe. I used 800 grams of tenderloins (26 in total - they varied in size). This fed 4 of us and left enough to make sandwiches. The only addition I did was to add 1/2 teaspoon of paprika to the dried breadcrumb/cheese mix. Thank you Sonya01, made for Recipe Swap #18 - July 2008.