Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found a great recipe on another website, but didn't have Italian cheese, so I substituted and came up with this. My family loves it and there is never leftovers! EDIT: I have changed the recipe to reflect that you need to cook the chicken first.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups pasta, any
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cream of chicken soup (Standard Size Can)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Mix together in a large bowl the chicken, pasta, 1 cup cheese, soup, milk and seasoning.
- Spoon into greased baking dish and bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese and broil until top is bubbly and gooey, about 5 minutes.
This was so simple and so tasty. I used 98% fat free cream of chicken and 2% milk cheddar cheese, and it still tasted great.
I baked this for the 25 minutes that the recipe called for, but my chicken was still extremely pink. I had to cook it an additional 20 minutes, so a total of 45 minutes for the chicken to be fully cooked. It was very tastey though, and I will make it again. I used the 98% fat free cream of chicken soup, but I did not skimp on the cheese!
I was out of Italian seasoning but added some cummin. It was ok but somone else made a comment to add mrs dash seasoning so I think I will try that next time.