Cook3 hrs 30 mins
This is a simple throw-together dish I came up with that is great for a Sunday after-church meal. Note: You can fry your own bacon for this recipe. I like the taste of bacon but cannot handle the lingering smell it leaves in the house when you fry it, so I just buy the jarred bacon for the few times a year I use it.
- Grease the bottom of the crock pot.
- Layer 1/2 the tater tots on the bottom of the pot.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 of the jar of bacon bits.
- Combine the two cheeses, and sprinkle 1/3 of it over the bacon and tots.
- Top cheese with the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top chicken with another 1/3 of cheese.
- Sprinkle with another 1/4 of the jar of bacon bits.
- Add remainder of the tater tots.
- Top with final 1/3 of the cheese.
- Pour milk over the top.
- Set crock pot to high and cook 3-4 hours.
The only thing different was I didn't use a crockpot! I layered everything in a 9x13 pan and baked at 350 degrees for 1 hour. I cut up the chicken as well. I was so hoping for leftovers. lol The family polished off the entire pan - this is a huge deal at my house! Congrats on a winner! IF I could give this more stars I definitely would. Made for the October 2010 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
This is awesome! So good and easy to prepare. My only change next time will be to use boneless skinless chicken thighs, and dice them up. The chicken can get a little dry using the white meat. Also, used the Oscar Meyer Bacon pieces in the pouch, yummy! Such a great recipe!
This is so good! It was quick and easy to throw in the crock pot and I used a liner so clean up was a snap! I used b/s chicken thighs rather than breasts that I cut into pieces. Seasoned the chicken with seasoned salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. This is a definate keeper!! Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #46.