1 hr 5 mins
An easy dish for the busy cook. Combines tender cubes of chicken with spinach and creamy gouda cheese! One of my husband's most requested dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw spinach and preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Chop chicken into cubes of about 1 square inch ( or 2.5 cm squared).
- 3Cook chicken in skillet with tbsp of vegetable oil until mostly cooked through. Do not cook through completely or chicken will get dry.
- 4Cut gouda into strips and melt it in 1/4 cup of fat free milk. (I usually do this in the microwave by cooking and stirring every few minutes).
- 5While cheese is melting, mix together the chicken and spinach in a casserole dish so that spinach is dispersed evenly throughout. If you have more chicken than spinach, add a bit more spinach keeping in mind it will shrink as it gets cooked!
- 6As soon as cheese is melted pour immediately over the chicken and spinach. Do not mix again! The cheese will melt through the layers as it cooks.
- 7Melt the butter and add to it the breadcrumbs.
- 8Using your fingers or a fork, crumble together the breadcrumb and butter mixture and sprinkle evenly over the top of the dish.
- 9Sprinkle remaining 2 tbsp of breadcrumbs and chili powder evenly over dish.
- 10Bake covered for about 35-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken and Spinach Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.5
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 167.5 mg
- Sodium 644.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 50.1 g