Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very satisfying recipe. Easy to make. The recipe is for 2-4 servings but is easily doubled or tripled. I have taken this to many family outings and it was always a big hit.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup processed cheese, diced (Velveeta)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the flour and water until smooth. Gradually stir in broth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the soup, cheese and seasonings. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta; place in a bowl. Stir in soup mixture and chicken. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
This was a good, comforting dish. I used a homemade cream of chicken substitute, and bowtie pasta, since it's all I had. I don't know if it was because of the homemade substitute, but it lacked a bit of spice. I will add mushrooms and some more black pepper and possibly some garlic or more onion. I liked the sauce and the pasta, so I will probably make it without the chicken next time, and as a side dish as just the pasta. Very good! Thanks for a great recipe!
I took this when I went to visit my mother who was having some back & hip problems. She really enjoyed this. A little on the saucy side but that is why we had French bread with it!!
This was a really good recipe my family loved it and it was so easy to make.