Chicken with cheese and a salsa sauce rolled up in a tortilla.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter (smart balance is a healthy choice)
- 13 ounces of shredded chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- garlic powder (to taste)
- onion powder (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- shredded cheese (I used colby jack, but use what you want)
- tortilla (If using large tortillas, it makes 3)
- 1Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Sautee chicken in butter and lemon juice, then add seasonings. Remember to go light with the cayenne pepper for flavor unless you want it spicy.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix the salsa and sour cream. Add the chicken and blend together until the chicken is thoroughly coated.
- 4Spread mixture in center of tortilla and add some shredded cheese on top, as much as desired and roll tortilla. I use a bit of sour cream on the side to make it stick together better.
- 5Place rolled tortillas in a casserole dish. I use glass. Spread more shredded cheese on top covering each tortilla thoroughly.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 7When done, take one rolled tortilla out and put it on a plate and let it cool. When cooled, cut into small sections about 1 inch wide. * use tooth picks if desired for each piece.
- 8Suggestions: you can have salsa and sour cream out for dipping if more sauce is desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken and Salsa Roll Ups
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.8
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 196.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 11.5 g