Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chicken with cheese and a salsa sauce rolled up in a tortilla.
- 4 tablespoons butter (smart balance is a healthy choice)
- 13 ounces of shredded chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- garlic powder (to taste)
- onion powder (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- shredded cheese (I used colby jack, but use what you want)
- tortilla (If using large tortillas, it makes 3)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sautee chicken in butter and lemon juice, then add seasonings. Remember to go light with the cayenne pepper for flavor unless you want it spicy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the salsa and sour cream. Add the chicken and blend together until the chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Spread mixture in center of tortilla and add some shredded cheese on top, as much as desired and roll tortilla. I use a bit of sour cream on the side to make it stick together better.
- Place rolled tortillas in a casserole dish. I use glass. Spread more shredded cheese on top covering each tortilla thoroughly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- When done, take one rolled tortilla out and put it on a plate and let it cool. When cooled, cut into small sections about 1 inch wide. * use tooth picks if desired for each piece.
- Suggestions: you can have salsa and sour cream out for dipping if more sauce is desired.