Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My family likes this because it is fast and easy to throw together on nights when we don't have much time. Just dump everything into the crockpot in the morning and when you come home, dinner is done!
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked white rice (not quick cook)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 10 flour tortillas
- Mix soup, water, salsa, rice and chicken in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 8 hours or until done.
- Serve on tortillas.
- Notes: I usually serve this with typical taco accompaniments (tomatoes, additional cheese, shredded lettuce, sour cream, additional salsa, etc.).
Maybe mine cooked a little too long but I ended up with a lot of mushy rice. Tried it one night with the tortillas and the next night by itself as a casserole and wasn't crazy about it either way. Probably won't make again.
SUPER yummy! I had to make a few alteration of the recipe, because people tend to snack on what I buy to make recipes with, as in the salsa. Instead of the 2 c. salsa, I added an additional 1 c. of water and 1-14 oz. can of stewed tomatoes. I also used 1 can of cheddar cheese soup and 1 can of Campbell's "Pepper Jack" soup. I had the toppings on hand (tomatoes and lettuce) and a healthy dollop of sour cream was REALLY good too. Even my 2 YO and 5 YO like this one. I had enough to throw in a freezer bag and reheat for a "quickie dinner" down the road. Will be making this again. Thanks for posting.
This was a really great recipe!!! It was easy, all i had to do was open the cans and cut the chicken, and it was hearty and filling. It was great for this cold canadian night, it warmed us up. Thanks so much for posting a great tastey easy recipe! ~*K*~