Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Super easy, simple, yet delicious. Made with rice, chicken, and cream of chicken, and topped off with cheese. Great dish for dinner! This recipe is from the back of the Campbells can.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Stir soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper, and vegetables in shallow baking dish.
- Add chicken. Season as desired.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Top with cheese and let stand.
I used 3/4 cup heavy cream and 1 cup milk instead of water. I had a can of cream of mushroom and a can of cream is of cheese on hand, and used those. For seasoning I used a package of onion soup mix, mixed in with the rice, cheese, milk, soup mix. I also substituted 2 cups frozen broccoli for the veggies. My husband loved it and cleaned his plate. Will make again.
I have been making this casserole for years. I would only change 2 things, instead of water I use milk and I have used wild rice in place of white rice many times which is also delicious too. If you wanted to you could also add in broccoli which I have done a couple times and its wonderful. Thank you for posting a great versatile recipe.