Recipe by Bec
You can also use 1 tsp of chili powder in place of the onion powder, and substitute a Mexican cheese blend for the cheddar- For a Mexican taste. Or, to go for something more Italian, use 1 tsp Italian seasoning in place of the onion powder, and use 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan for the cheddar.
Top Review by HokiesMom
This is a great basic comfy casserole. I love how extremely economical this is to make too. The only thing I would change would be to either cube the chicken and place on top before baking OR add the vegetables later into the baking cycle as they were a bit overcooked. I guess I could also use fresh veggies instead of frozen and that would change that outcome too. Just one way to either cut down on the baking time with the cubed chicken or being able to bake longer with fresh veggies. Used broccoli and a garlic pepper seasoning for the chicken and did top with cheese. Tagged for the I Recommend tag game.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cups assorted fresh vegetables or 2 cups frozen vegetables
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese