I got this off the back of a soup can and it is very tasty. It also does well assembling in advance and freezing. I sometime use risotto in place of the white rice and it comes out very creamy and tasty!
- Mix soup, water, rice, onion powder and black pepper in 2 qt shallow baking dish.
- Top with chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with additional pepper.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and rice is done.
- Uncover and sprinkle cheese over chicken and put back in oven long enough for cheese to melt.
- If you like you can add 2 cups of fresh, canned or frozen veggies into soup mixture before topping with chicken.
I have used this recipe multiple times and have yet to find the chicken a rubbery texture. We also add a small bag of mixed veggies to ours.
The chicken absorbed alot of water and became chewy...but if you know a way to fix this then please post bc my husband loved the cheesy sauce..oh we added a can of corn and red bell pepper and YUM! Its easy to make, but I would recommend slicing the chicken into smaller strips which (in my theory) would prevent that rubbery texture by maximizing the surface area and transporting the heat through the chicken faster.