Recipe by PSU Lioness
Here's a recipe for classic comfort food that uses updated ingredients to cut down on fat. Greek yogurt replaces sour cream and black beans add protein without adding fat. (found on "Tasty Kitchen")
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (Success Boil-in-Bag cooks up in 10 minutes)
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt (or Sour Cream)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 cup salsa (the original called for 1/2 c but I thought it needed more)
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, Plus More For Topping
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for cilantro and mix thoroughly to combine. Make sure the yogurt and cheese are stirred in throughout the entire bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Transfer to an oven-safe dish and top with extra cheese if you would like.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- It can also easily be made ahead of time and reheated. Keep covered and pull out about 20 minutes before you're ready to reheat it so it can come up to room temperature and cook evenly.