Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Got this from a magazine, and looking forward to trying it. It seems like it has ingredients most would have on hand, so it's a great last minute meal, and sounds tasty.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix soup, water, rice, onion powder and black pepper in 2 quart shallow baking dish. Top with chicken. Sprinkle chicken with additional pepper.
- Cover and bake at 375* for 45 mins or until chicken is no longer pink and rice is done. Top with cheese.
- Optional: Stir 2 cups of fresh, canned, or frozen vegetables into soup mixture before topping with chicken.
- For a Mexican twist: Omit onion powder and pepper. Add 1 teaspoons chili powder to soup mixture. Substitute mexican cheese blend for the cheddar.
- For an Italian twist: Omit onion powder and pepper. Add 1 teaspoons Italian seasoning, crushed, to soup mixture. Substitute 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese for the cheddar cheese.