Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My mother made this recipe recently and I really enjoyed it. I'm all about recipes that are easy (which this one is) and don't have a ton of ingredients. It's very easy to fit this recipe into any busy schedule, plus the slow cooker does most of the work for you. I'm sure this recipe could be modified for the oven, but I haven't tried doing that yet. The chicken can be browned prior to using it in this recipe, but I usually just add it to the slow cooker as is.
- 3 -4 lbs potatoes
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (2 2/3 ounce) package country gravy mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Spray the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes and place them along the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Slice the onion and place the slices on top of the potatoes.
- Then, place the chicken breasts on top of the onions.
- Combine the country gravy mix, the cheese soup, and the water together.
- Add salt and pepper (to taste) to the soup mixture.
- Pour soup mixture over the top of the chicken and other ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours then serve.