Recipe by Jen's Kitchen
from allrecipes.com sounds really good!
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and easy to make. We thought it needed some spices so did add pepper and salt. Otherwise followed the recipe as written. I have precooked chicken in my freezer so I used that to make this dish an even quicker weeknight meal.
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) package scalloped potatoes mix
- 4 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts and saute until tender. Meanwhile, prepare potatoes according to package directions, adding 1 cup (instead of 2/3 cup) of milk and sliced potatoes. When chicken is tender, remove from heat, let cool and shred. Add shredded chicken to potato mixture.
- Fold chicken/potato mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes. Add cheese and bake for another 10 minutes.