Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from a fund-raiser cookbook for a Ronald McDonald house here in Michigan. It is one of my husband's favorite dinners.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, cut in half or sliced
- 6 ounces muenster cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Marinate chicken bits in beaten egg for at least 2 hours.
- Mix bread crumbs, parsley and garlic powder together in ziploc bag.
- Add chicken and shake until chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Brown chicken in oil and drain.
- Melt margarine in a 13x9 baking pan.
- Add chicken and mushrooms; cover with cheese.
- Pour broth over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Stir before serving.