5 hrs 35 mins
5 hrs 5 mins
In ‘ Slow Cooker Revolution: Volume 2’ by ATK
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 ounce) cans ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 4 cups Frito corn chips, crushed into coarse crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1Combine tomatoes, beans, tapioca, and cumin in slow cooker.
- 2Season chicken with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker.
- 3Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 4-5 hours on LOW.
- 4Transfer chicken to cutting board, let cool slightly, then shred into bite-size pieces.
- 5Stir 1 cup Fritos, 1 cup Mexican cheese, corn, and cilantro into slow cooker until cheese is melted and mixture is thickened slightly.
- 6Gently stir in shredded chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste (adjust filling consistency with hot water as needed).
- 7Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese and remaining 3 cups Fritos; cover and cook on HIGH until casserole is heated through and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken and Frito Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.5
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.5 mg
- Sodium 884.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 42.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Frito corn chips