Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs 5 mins
In ‘ Slow Cooker Revolution: Volume 2’ by ATK
- 2 (10 ounce) cansro-tel diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 4 cups Frito corn chips, crushed into coarse crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Combine tomatoes, beans, tapioca, and cumin in slow cooker.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 4-5 hours on LOW.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board, let cool slightly, then shred into bite-size pieces.
- Stir 1 cup Fritos, 1 cup Mexican cheese, corn, and cilantro into slow cooker until cheese is melted and mixture is thickened slightly.
- Gently stir in shredded chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste (adjust filling consistency with hot water as needed).
- Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese and remaining 3 cups Fritos; cover and cook on HIGH until casserole is heated through and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.