Recipe by Cookndakota
I made this one night for a school potluck and had many requests for the recipe! I love the taste of the taco sauce, soup and sour cream. It is terrific casserole, but eat up! Due to the chips in it it isn't very good reheated because they are soggy.
- 1 (3 lb) bag chicken breasts, diced & sauteed
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 4 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 12 slices American cheese
- 5 cups white corn tortilla chips, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine soup, sour cream, taco sauce and chilis.
- In an ungreased 2 quart baking dish, layer half of the chicken, then half of the soup mixture, then half of the cheese and half of tortilla chips.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.