Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 7.39 ml Italian spices
- 236.59 ml frozen broccoli florets
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 9-10 sheet packaged phyllo dough
- 29.58-44.37 ml butter
- 14.79 ml flour
- 6 fluid ounce beer (half bottle, I used Corona)
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 473.18-709.77 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 0.5-0.75 ml ground nutmeg
- 0.5-0.75 ml Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown chicken in medium pan with olive oil.
- While chicken is cooking, sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder,chili powder and italian seasonings. Cook chicken through, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Cheese Sauce:.
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan over low/medium heat. Stir in flour to make a thick paste. Keep stirring and add beer slowly. Next, add whipping cream. Add cheese a little bit at at time, stirring constantly. Once cheese is melted, turn heat to low and start on your phyllo dough.
- Oil bottom and sides of a 9x12 baking pan then lay down 3 sheets of phyllo. Add chicken, give the cheese sauce a stir and pour half over the chicken. Lay 3 more sheets of phyllo over chicken, then add broccoli and roasted red peppers and the rest of the cheese sauce. Cover with remaining sheets of phyllo, scrunching them up a little to make them brown and crispy. Drizzle a little olive oil on top to help brown.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.