Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An excellent way to use leftover chicken in a creative way! This recipe is easy, quick and tasty! You can reduce the calories and fat by using reduced fat or fat free cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup,skim milk, reduced fat cheese and only white meat rather than white and dark.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced very thin
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced thin
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced small
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x11 cake pan with non-stick cooking spray, lightly.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine meat, soup and vegetables.
- Spread mixture evenly in the pan.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well or sift together.
- Add milk and oil.
- Mix well with a fork until all dry ingredients are moist.
- Drop biscuit dough by spoonfuls over the soup mixture. Don't worry of the dough balls don't touch - they swell when cooking.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until tops of biscuits are starting to brown and visible soup is bubbling nicely.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before serving.
This was delicious. I made a few changes by adding a bag of frozen veggies along with some potatoes cubed up and boiled in water with two chicken bouillon cubes and black pepper along with the veggies in this recipe. I used Cream Of Mushroom Soup cause I don't buy can mushroom soup anymore and I used bisquick and added the cheese to the biscuit mixture instead of topping the casserole. Turned out delicious. DH enjoyed it and said he couldn't wait til dinner tomorrow for some lefted overs :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!