Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I saw the asparagus in the produce section today and decided to come up with a recipe for dinner tonight. This is what I came up with - both DH and myslef loved it. Easy enough for any day, but "fancy" enough for a dinner party. I served these with fingerling potatoes roasted with olive oil and rosemary.
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1⁄2 lb very thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Pound each chicken breast to about 1/2" thick.
- On each breast, place 2 slices prosciutto, 3-4 asparagus spears and 1/4c shredded cheese.
- wrap into a bundle and secure with toothpicks.
- place in baking dish and cover with foil.
- backe in 350 degree oven for one hour.
Good as written, improved with some seasoning (I agree with Jackieblue) and a nice marinade prior to baking? Thanks for a nice base recipe!
Very good base recipe for us to make our own. I used a blend of Asiago, fontina, parmesan, provolone, and mozzerella. I also seasoned the outside liberally with pepper, some garlic, and a little salt. I highly recommend thick asparagus spears as the thin would have been very overcooked for us. I might shave a little off the cooking time next time. Served with rice pilaf. It will be fun to try different cheeses. My husband loved this and I am glad I made enough for 2 nights!
Made exactly as written. Giving 5 stars for one of the easiest entrees I've ever made with the fewest ingredients that tastes really great! Served with a wild rice and sliced tomatoes.