Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A slightly different cheesy chicken. My husband is not big on poultry and loves this!
Make and share this Cheesy Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Start water to boil potatoes and add them when water is ready. Trim and pound chicken to about 1 inch thick.
- Generously coat large frying pan with olive oil.
- Cook chicken until almost brown on both sides.
- Cut up 1/2-3/4 package cheese into small slices or cubes.
- Remove chicken and place on a plate with paper towels.
- In same pan drain oil and add the cut up cheese to the pan and 3/4-full carton of heavy whipping cream. Stir constantly. You may add up to 1 rounded teaspoon of corn starch to thicken, if desired. Although it will thicken some once served.
- Once the cheese has completely melted, place chicken back in pan and add Italian seasoning.
- Simmer for about 8 minutes, flipping chicken once or twice.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or white rice, with cheesy sauce as gravy.
- I am the type of cook that just adds ingredients without measuring. I am not 100% on the amount for olive oil or the actual ounces printed on the cartons for the cheese and whipping cream. Both are just the small cartons.