A slightly different cheesy chicken. My husband is not big on poultry and loves this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start water to boil potatoes and add them when water is ready. Trim and pound chicken to about 1 inch thick.
- 2Generously coat large frying pan with olive oil.
- 3Cook chicken until almost brown on both sides.
- 4Cut up 1/2-3/4 package cheese into small slices or cubes.
- 5Remove chicken and place on a plate with paper towels.
- 6In same pan drain oil and add the cut up cheese to the pan and 3/4-full carton of heavy whipping cream. Stir constantly. You may add up to 1 rounded teaspoon of corn starch to thicken, if desired. Although it will thicken some once served.
- 7Once the cheese has completely melted, place chicken back in pan and add Italian seasoning.
- 8Simmer for about 8 minutes, flipping chicken once or twice.
- 9Serve with mashed potatoes or white rice, with cheesy sauce as gravy.
- 10I am the type of cook that just adds ingredients without measuring. I am not 100% on the amount for olive oil or the actual ounces printed on the cartons for the cheese and whipping cream. Both are just the small cartons.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 891.0
- Calories from Fat 486
- Total Fat 54.0 g
- Saturated Fat 30.5 g
- Cholesterol 235.7 mg
- Sodium 1790.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 50.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: