Recipe by Yello Kim
My mom made this for us as kids and we loved it every time. When I got married I asked for it so I can make it for my family.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
Wonderful! The addition of the asparagus was great, because it added a healthy component but also contributed a lot of flavor to the whole dish. I couldn't find cream of asparagus soup, so I used cream fo celery (as I thought it was the closest to cream of asparagus). And it was quite tasty. I'll definitely make this again, because everyone in my family enjoyed this dish. It's easy to prepare too, so we can have it even on a busy night. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Yello Kim. I made it for one of my Pick-A-Chef choices, and I'm glad I did.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of asparagus soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup canned asparagus
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- *I have used different kinds of soups and canned vegetables to match, i.e. mushroom, potato, broccoli--whatever you have on hand, but I like asparagus the best*.
- Combine first four ingredients in a bag.
- Shake chicken pieces in flour mix.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Brown chicken on all sides.
- Place in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Combine soup, sour cream, and asparagus; mix well.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven till it melts.