Recipe by crazycookinmama
This is so yummy! I thought I was gonna burst eatin' it all up. It's just a little spin on the same old Mac that I came up with and it's a winner in my boys' book! Try it and tell me what ya think!
- 709.77 ml uncooked elbow macaroni
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml milk
- 453.59 g extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 473.18 ml Cheez-It crackers, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat; whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute or until mixture is smooth. Increase heat to medium; gradually whisk in 2 cups milk, and cook, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir pasta, and ground black pepper into cheese mixture; spoon into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Spread crushed Cheez-it crackers on top.
- Bake uncovered at 375°F for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.