Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is so yummy! I thought I was gonna burst eatin' it all up. It's just a little spin on the same old Mac that I came up with and it's a winner in my boys' book! Try it and tell me what ya think!
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 16 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups Cheez-It crackers, crushed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat; whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute or until mixture is smooth. Increase heat to medium; gradually whisk in 2 cups milk, and cook, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir pasta, and ground black pepper into cheese mixture; spoon into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Spread crushed Cheez-it crackers on top.
- Bake uncovered at 375°F for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Num! The Cheez-It topping was so cool and it went really well with the soft noodles and creamy cheese sauce! Loved it! Thanks!
FABULOUS!!!!!! This was so good, the flavor of the sauce was perfect my whole family loved this recipe, the crunch of the cheez-its on this was a nice change. I cannot think of one thing I would change about this. Thank you for posting!