Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Being a former cook in restaurants, you learn to utilize everything. One time we had frozen hash brown, left over baked potatoes & mashed potatoes. I came up with a similar recipe using them. I still make huge pans of them when I cater & get raves about them. Having Simply Potatoes just makes it so much easier & I can have these anytime, without leftovers. I twisted my original recipe using the ingredients listed & it was just as good, if not better. I hope you enjoy as much as we do. This goes well with almost any dish. We had it today with roasted chicken & fried green beans.
- 1 small onion, cut in slivers
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce, with garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon california style garlic salt with parsley (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper (to taste)
- 10 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- In small skillet, saute the onions, bell pepper, mushrooms in the butter, on high heat, until almost caramelized.
- Spray a 9x13" glass cake pan with pan coating. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine all 3 types of potatoes, the sauteed onion mixture, Alfredo sauce, chicken broth, Velveeta , the garlic salt & pepper. Consistency should be thick. It will thin some when cooked.
- Pour into prepared pan & bake in 350° oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven & sprinkle on the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Return to oven for about 5 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven & let set on counter about 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, sprinkle on the green onions.