Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is for my Son!!!! A great side but my son makes a meal out of it!
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper (I like lots)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry
- 1 -2 dash hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas (optional)
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese (If you like spicy use a pepper cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta aldente, drain and set aside.
- Heat oven to (350F) degrees.
- In a microwave proof dish melt butter and stir in flour.
- Whisk in milk and half and half.
- Microwave stirring every minute, until sauce begins to thicken about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, curry and the hot sauce.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients except for Parmesan cheese.
- Pour in a buttered casserole pan.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until bubbly and golden.
5 Star all the way!!! I didn't have frozen peas or cutty powder, so i left these out this time. If it is any better with them included, I don't know if I can stand it. I used a mix of cheddar, pepper jack and swiss cheese. It was great!!! I could easily eat just this for a meal.
Delicious comfort food - so perfect for our winter Sunday !! i had no peas so added a diced yellow pepper instead. making the sauce in the microwave was a first for me and it worked perfectly thanks to such clear instructions - many thanks Rita - made for Alphabet Soup tag.
I wanted something other then the boring boxed mac & cheese. I was thrilled with this recipe!