Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These burgers get twice the cheese! Some in the middle and some on top!
- 354.88 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 59.14 ml ripe olives, chopped
- 29.58 ml ripe olives, chopped
- 0.59 ml hot sauce
- 793.78 g ground chuck
- 59.14 ml onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 6 slice monterey jack cheese
- Combine the 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, ripe olives (1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp) and hot sauce. Shape the cheese/olive mixture into 6 balls. Set aside.
- Combine the ground chuck, onion, salt, and pepper. Stir well and shape into 12 patties.
- Place a cheese ball in the center of 6 patties; flatten the cheese balls slightly. Top with the remaining 6 patties, pressing the edges to seal. Make sure you seal these well.
- Cook, covered with the grill lid, over medium-hot coals (350 to 400 degrees) for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, place a slice of Monterey Jack cheese on each patty. Enjoy!
I used regular black olives and thoroughly enjoyed this burger. Lots of flavor and very tummy satisfying. Sometimes nothing will do but a good cheese burger and I loved this one with a mixed salad, :D
Very good burger. I used Kalamata olives; however, this is one case where I think it might have been better to use a milder black olive.