Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy to make cheddar biscuits. These would be great for Sunday brunch or any other day of the week. I use Pioneer Baking Mix, its my favorite for most of my baking needs.
- 2 1⁄4 cups dry all-purpose biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs or 2 tablespoons dried herbs
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (GREY POUPON)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (optional)
- 12 fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F Place baking mix in large bowl. Add cheese and herbs; stir until combined. Mix sour cream, mustard and milk in a small bowl. Stir into baking mix until just combined.
- Place dough on surface lightly dusted with baking mix or flour; knead 10 times. Pat into 1/2-inch thick circle. Cut with 2-inch cutter dusted with flour/baking mix (a round drinking glass works great for this).
- Place biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush each lightly with beaten egg. Place 1 parsley leaf on top of each biscuit; lightly brush again with egg.
- Bake 12 to 15 minute or until lightly browned.