Cheesy Cheddar and Apple Cider Fondue
- Grate cheddar cheese; toss with cornstarch in a plastic bag; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat apple cider, wine and lemon juice.
- Add cheese to liquid in pot by small handfuls, whisking till cheese is melted; if cheese appears grainy, stir in another tbsp of lemon juice.
- Stir in nutmeg and pepper.
- Transfer fondue to crockpot or fondue pot to keep warm, and stir occasionally.
- Serve with fruit slices, breadsticks, bread cubes, and/or sausage pieces impaled on short wooden skewers or fondue forks and dip in cheese.
- For Vegetarian Omit the sausage or use Vegetarian "fake" sausage product.