Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Remember that pesky tuna fish named CHARLIE? Here is a quick easy and different tuna fish sandwich.
- 1 loaf French bread (12-14 inches)
- 2 (340.19 g) can tuna
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 29.58 ml chopped pimiento
- 59.14 ml sweet pickle relish
- 236.59 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 29.58 ml instant minced onion
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 8 stuffed olives, sliced
- Slice the french bread in half horizontally.
- Drain and flake the 2 cans of tuna.
- Add mixing well: the remaining ingredients except the olives.
- Spread mixture on bread slices.
- Garnish with the olives.
- Place on cold broiler grid.
- Broil 5 inches from flame for about 5 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings.
Received this recipe from the local utility company when I took Home Economics in High School. Held on to it for years, my children loved it.
Hiya Star I finally tried them, yesterday for lunch for 4 kids and myself. The kids went ewwwwwwwwww Tuna but they liked them and so did i, none left and smiling little faces after word. I did leave off the olives but no changes other then that...if the olives had been on i would have got another ewwwwwwwwwww LOL thanks great recipe, will make again. ty Dancer^