5 hrs 25 mins
Taken from Taste of Home magazine August/September 2010 issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets (large)
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 carrots (large)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 sweet red pepper (small)
- 1 red onion (medium)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (8 oz)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1Place cauliflower in a 4-qt slow cooker.
- 2Chope the celery, carrots, peppers and onion; add to the slow cooker.
- 3Stir in the broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- 4Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
- 5In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth.
- 6Return all to slow cooker; stir in cheese and cream.
- 7Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Cauliflower Soup for Slow Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.3
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 621.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 11.8 g