Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
I originally got this recipe out of a Taste of Home book years ago and have been making it ever since--and always at Thanksgiving. It can be dressed up to look as elegant or plain as you want to, and only takes about 18 minutes to make--start to finish. It is my 6 year olds most requested vegetable and always a hit. Ingredient amounts are just approximates, as I usually just make it by sight. Adjust as needed to your own taste.
- Place trimmed head of cauliflower in microwave dish with 1 tbsp water. Cover and Microwave on high approximately 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, mix mayo and mustards in separate bowl until it suits your taste.
- When cauliflower is done, spread mayo/mustard mixture all over the top so it covers most of the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and microwave approximately 1 minute more, or until cheese melts.
- This also works well with a bag of frozen cauliflower -- Just mix the mayo/mustard with the COOKED/DRAINED cauliflower, sprinkle with cheese and microwave 1 minute more.
Thanks for sharing this recipe. I made this for dinner yesterday and my roommate who does not even like cauliflower at half of the casserole. The mustard adds a nice kick.
Well, I am rating it 4 stars based on the adults preferences. The kids did not go for the mustard flavor. I reduced the mayo a bit and added some broccoli. May try again and reduce the mustard or try something else! :) Thanks.