Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from one of those "cheap and yummy" books a while back. But it tastes great and is fairly easy to make. The kids love it too and anything they'll eat, I'm for!!
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained (I use the extra lean so there isn't much draining to do)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces cottage cheese (small curd)
- 6 -8 green onions, with tops chopped
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add soup undiluted, salt and pepper.
- Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sour cream, cottage cheese, green onion and noodles that were cooked and drained.
- Pour noodle mixture into 9x13 pan and spread evenly.
- Spread meat and soup mixture over top of noodles evenly.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven and bake 5-10 minutes longer until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.
Love this made with tomato soup. If the recipe is doubled there are lots of yummy leftovers! Thanks so much :)