Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
One of our all time favorties, before hubby went on the Atkins diet! I still make this for my grandmother and mom on weekends.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 -8 green onions with tops, sliced
- 8 ounces medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet brown beef, drain.
- Add soup, salt and pepper; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, green onions and noodles.
- Layer noodle mixture alternately with meat sauce in a greased 2-qt casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; return to oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts.
I made this exactly as written, and I'm sorry to say it was really bland for us. My 3 year old would only take 1 bite and my 1 year old (who eats everything) only ate a few bites before they refused to eat any more. If I were to make this again (which I likely won't), I would definitely add some more spices to the meat mixture, and possibly some onion and garlic to the noodle mixture.