1 hr 45 mins
This yummy savoury quiche is an adaption of a carrot herb quiche found in Christina Richon's Quiches, Cakes and Tartes Book. Its cheesy, but not too heavy with a wonderful fresh taste from the tomato sauce and carrot. The crust ist aromatic and crunchy. I hope youll enjoy this as much as we do! :)
My Private Note
11 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
- 150 g flour (I used spelt flour)
- 50 g whole wheat flour (I used whole spelt)
- 50 g cold butter, diced
- 100 ml tomato sauce (plain, nothing added)
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon herb infused salt
For the filling
- 1 large carrot, grated coarsely
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chives (dried or fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (use less if your heat tolerance is low)
- 1/8 teaspoon herb infused salt
- black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cornmeal (or use semolina)
- 2 eggs (medium)
- 100 g tomato paste
- 250 g cream cheese (low-fat is fine)
- 250 g ricotta cheese (I used low-fat)
- 150 g cheddar cheese, grated coarsely (or use a mix of your favs)
- 1In a big bowl combine the flours. Rub in butter using your fingertips. Add tomato sauce, poppy seeds, nutmeg and salt and knead into a smooth dough.
- 2Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile put all of the filling ingredients into a big bowl and stir together with a spoon until well combined.
- 4Remove dough from fridge and roll out to fit a 11 inch spring form pan. Pat into the greased pan making sure that dough also covers the sides of the pan.
- 5Pour in filling and bake in the preheated oven at 200°C/400°F for 45 minutes covering the quiche after 25 minutes.
- 6Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy! :).
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Carrot Quiche With Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3460.8
- Calories from Fat 2072
- Total Fat 230.2 g
- Saturated Fat 131.1 g
- Cholesterol 1039.6 mg
- Sodium 4710.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 232.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.5 g
- Sugars 31.4 g
- Protein 127.9 g