1/4 Photos of Cheesy Carrot Casserole
Great for a somewhat different carrot side dish. I love carrots and cheese together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb carrot, sliced (I sometimes use sliced baby carrots)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces evaporated low-fat milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup crushed baked cheese crackers, DIVIDED (I use Cheese Nips four cheese flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1In a saucepan, cook sliced carrots in water until tender (about 10 minutes, depending on the sizes of your carrots). Drain carrots and place them into a casserole dish.
- 2In the saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add in onion. Add evaporated milk, cheese, thyme, tarragon, salt, and white pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and smooth.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cup of the crushed cheese-flavored crackers. Pour over carrots in the casserole dish.
- 4Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup crushed cheese-flavored crackers and paprika.
- 5Bake, uncovered at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Carrot Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.8
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 309.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
evaporated low-fat milk