Recipe by BestTeenChef
This recipe is a nice and simple way to use up carrots. Can be used for a side dish or freeze and take for lunch.
Top Review by CaramelPie
Mmmmmm! This was good. This is a winner of a recipe. My twins and I really enjoyed this dish. My dad thinks it needs some honey or some sweetener - but that's just him. I loved it the way it is. Thanks!
- 2 lbs carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- buttered bread crumb
- parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, slice and cook carrots in boiling water until tender.
- Drain and mash well.
- Add butter, onion and cheese to seasonings. Turn into casserole dish.
- Sprinkle top with buttered bread crumbs before baking.
- Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes, until bubbling.
- Garnish with parsley if you want to.